Thank you for your interest in our properties! Be sure to read this page completely before submitting an application.
STOP!!!! DO NOT COMPLETE AN APPLICATION UNLESS YOU’VE CONTACTED US TO SEE IF A SPECIFIC PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE. THE AVAILABILITY OF PROPERTIES CHANGES HOURLY AND THE WEBSITE IS NOT ALWAYS UP TO DATE. BE SURE TO EMAIL US TO CHECK AVAILABILITY at info@MQTrentals.com.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A PROPERTY IN AUGUST, WE WILL NOT KNOW IF THE CURRENT TENANTS ARE RENEWING OR VACATING UNTIL AFTER JUNE 1, 2021. Please check back with us after that time.
- Because we only update the availability list every couple weeks, please email us BEFORE applying at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure a specific unit is available. The website may not be 100% accurate in terms of availability at all times. There will be no refunds issued for applications for units not available. It is up to you to confirm the availability before applying. Please do so by emailing us.
- Every person in a household over 18 years old must apply, pay the application fee and submit any required documents before being considered and processed.
- All application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason. If more than one person(s)/group applies we will select from the most qualified applicant. No refunds to other applicants will be given for any reason, however their application can be used for any other property within 3 months of application date provided all information is current.
- Be sure to view the 3D tour or pictures on our website to see the inside of the property BEFORE submitting an application. You can also schedule a showing through our website by clicking the properties DETAIL page.
The acceptability of prospective residents is based on the following criteria:
- Job Stability – One year (1) at present place of employment or guaranteed job contract. Job must be continuing to qualify.
- Income – Household income must be greater than four (4) times (gross) the monthly rent. All income must be verifiable and legal.
- Current & Previous Residency Record, Employment History and Personal References – addresses for the previous five (5) years are to be verifiable with a cancelled check/payment made payable to rental institution. Positive references from all previous landlords, employment history and personal references is required. Applicants may not have any evictions, unpaid judgements or liens against them. Applicants who are not Michigan residents will require a co-signer regardless of income/credit score.
- Credit – applicant must exhibit a responsible financial life, with a minimum credit score of 700.
- Background Check & Criminal Report – applicants background must exhibit a pattern of responsibility.
- Self-employed – self-employed applicants are to be verified by IRS tax returns for previous two (2) years and current bank records.
- Salaried/Hourly Employment – verified through Personnel or Human Resources department and not through a co-worker or immediate supervisor. If it is a owner operated business, verify with owner only. Must provide three (3) most recent pay stubs.
- Social Security # – applicant must have a valid Social Security # to be used on application.
- Anyone over the age of 18 residing on the property is required to complete the application process.
- If the applicant does not qualify under Job Stability, Income and Rental History, applicant may add a guarantor who must also meet the above nine (9) criteria and cosign the lease. A separate application and application fee may be collected from guarantor. Please provide co-signers name, email address, phone number so we can send the guarantor form for electronic signature.
- Copy of valid State issued – Drivers License or State/Federal issued ID.
- Copy of last three pay stubs or last two years tax return if self employed & recent bank records verifying balance an income.
- Offer letter from local employer (if applicable)
- Non-refundable application fee per applicant. (paid online after completing application). Application is void if payment is returned.
- Completion of Animals/Pet waiver (required by all applicants whether you have an animal/pet) – see Animal Registration link below if you have a pet/animal. If you do not click here and complete the form NO PETS OR ANIMALS
- NOTE: There are breed/size/quantity restriction on any pets/animals, so please email us with any questions BEFORE applying as your application fees are non-refundable for any reason. Restricted breeds for pets include but not limited to; Akitas, Malamutes, Bulldogs, Cane Corso, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepards, Great Danes, Mastiffs, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Huskies, Terriers, Wolf Hybrids. Most properties do not allow any pets over 50 lbs. Most properties that allow animals have a maximum of ONE. There are a few properties that allow two.
- All animals must be pre-approved. In addition, if approved you will need to complete an animal addendum and pay any associated fees before any animal can enter the property.
- If you have animals of any kind – You must register your animal through this link: REGISTER PET HERE You will need (2) two photos of each animal, copies of current immunization records, and veterinary office contact information. Once your animal is registered, it will be reviewed for acceptance criteria by the property owner. All dogs/cats must be licensed in Marquette County and a copy of the record provided along with tag # under all circumstances. Please visit to County Clerks office in the Marquette County Court House to register your dog/cat.
- If approved all animals will require an additional fee. Some animals also require a deposit. Fees/Deposits are based on various criteria including, but not limited to; breed, size, type, and location. Not all properties allow animals/pets – please view the online property details page for more info. Reasonable accommodation requests may exempt you from some obligations.
- No animals under 18 months old.
Important Additional Information:
- Your application will not be processed until all documents have been submitted/completed.
- If approved for occupancy, you will be notified via email and you will have 24 hours to make a decision to take the property and sign a lease for it. If you agree to accept the property, you will also be required to pay a “holding fee” which will be equal to Security Deposit + Cleaning Fee with 24 hours to your online account. If you do not pay the holding fee within the 24 hours, agent/owner reserves the right to offer property to next available approved applicant. Once holding fee is paid, a lease will be sent electronically to all approved prospects to sign. Once you take occupancy of the property/unit, the holding fee will transfer to your account and be applied to the Security Deposit and Cleaning Fee. Note: If tenants occupancy is after the 20th of the month, the tenant must also pay a prorated amount of the remaining days of that month PLUS the next months rent.
- Prorated Rents will be calculated by taking the monthly rent amount divided by 30 days, and multiplying that by the remaining days in the month.
- Density Guidelines – we follow the HUD two (2) person per bedroom guideline whether occupants are adults or children as well as any local/state/federal housing guidelines.
- We follow all State, Federal and Local housing laws
- In the event of multiple applicants/groups, tenancy will be granted to the most qualified based on the above criteria.
- You will be prompted to provide the required documents list above via email AFTER submitting the online application. If you have already submitted an online application but still need to submit your documentation, Click here to email them to our office or you can drop them off in person.
- All properties are non-smoking. The possession, use and distribution of marijuana in any form for any reason is strictly prohibited on the property. The new recreational marijuana law in Michigan does not change that. Property owners still have the right to not allow its usage or possession while on property. Renters have no rights under the new Michigan Recreation Usage law. That law only applies to your own property.
- Resident Benefit Package fees apply to each lease on a monthly basis for entire duration of lease. This fee may also include required renters insurance and is subject to change with a 30 days notice.
- Anyone who schedules and cancels two or more different showings will be automatically disqualified.
- We will not tolerate any aggressive/threatening behaviors towards our staff or contractors. Any issues will result in automatic disqualification.
** Be sure to view the 3D tour or pictures on our website to see the inside of the property BEFORE submitting an application. You can also schedule a showing through our website by clicking the properties DETAIL page. **