Before moving in
Prior to move-in, the following items must be paid:
- First Months Rent
- Animal/Pet Fees (if applicable)
- Resident Benefit Package Fee
- Utilities that you are responsible for must be scheduled to be turned on for your lease start day (not on your occupancy day).
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at email@example.com
The day of the move
The day of moving in is often busy and can be stressful! Preparation and planning will help. Below is information you need to know regarding getting your keys/parking tags on your scheduled move in date to help things go more smoothly.
- You will be notified via email with lockbox instructions to gain access into your property on the day are you are able to move in. Keys will not be released until all balances are paid in full and all parties have signed the lease and all additional required documents.
- Prior to your move-in date, Marquette Rentals will have done an inspection to assess the condition of the rental property.
- You will be emailed a link with a “ tenant move-in condition checklist”. It is your responsibility to verify that the condition of the unit is adequately and accurately documented on the inspection app.
- The condition checklist must be completed within 7 days of your occupancy date. State law requires the form to be completed within 7 days of occupancy. There can be no extensions made for any reason.
- Your lease start time is 5:00 PM unless other arrangements have been made.
Things to know about your new home
When you move, it is important to know where important items are located. Get to know and locate these:
- Main electrical circuit breaker (if applicable)
- Gas shut off valve (if applicable)
- GFI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) plugs – typically in bathrooms/kitchens and near faucets
- Main water shut-off and water shut-offs below the sinks and behind toilets
- If you have a de-humidifier in your unit, ask how to use it properly if you are unaware.
- Appliances – information may be found in the maintenance section of our website
Move-in condition inspection checklist
For your protection, the “Tenant Move In Condition Checklist” is an important legal document that will help determine how much of your security deposit will be returned to you at the end of your lease. You must leave your rental in the same condition as it was originally found to maximize your security return.
You will receive an email with a link to an app to be used on your phone or tablet that will allow you to document the condition of the property upon move in and take pictures. No changes can be made once submitted, so please double check before submitting. Only one person per lease will get the link/email.
Important to Note:
- You must document information on the checklist in the actual categories. You are responsible for making sure this document is complete.
- Only one tenant will receive the link to the app and must complete it for the entire group through the app on your mobile device.
- You MUST complete our Move In Checklist within 7 days of your occupancy date.
- If you find there are maintenance issues – please make sure to visit your Tenant Web Access (TWA) to make a service request.
About the keys
- You will receive an email 24 hours in advance of your lease start date with information about obtaining keys/parking passes.
- Do all roommates need to be there to pick-up the keys?
No, in most cases, a lockbox will be placed on your front door with a key inside to gain access. The remainder of the keys will be left on the kitchen counter along with any parking tags. If a lockbox can not be used, we will schedule a pickup time via email where only one person on the lease may pick up the keys, but will need a valid drivers license to do so.
- May I change the date or time to pick-up my keys?
- Date and time changes may be requested but not guaranteed. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Physical move-in days/times typically cannot be moved up any soon as we want to make sure your property is ready for occupancy.
- Even if the date of the physical move-in (occupancy date) is pushed back, rent will still start on the lease start date. You must have all balances paid in full and all utilities hooked up in your name by your lease start date (not occupancy date).
- May someone other than a person on the lease pick-up my keys?
If keys are being picked up at our office, only a tenant on the lease can pickup the keys, unless Marquette Rentals has written authorization to release keys to a designated party on their behalf. The designated party must present a valid photo ID.
Keeping us informed of any issues you are experiencing or questions you have is critical to your enjoyment while at the property. Below are the preferred methods of contact. Typically someone will get back to you by the next business day.
- All maintenance/service requests: Through your Tenant Web Access (TWA) Portal at www.MarquetteRentals.com.
- Email: info@MQTrentals.com (preferred method for all non-service related issues/questions)
- Web Chat: Through your (tenant web access) TWA portal.
- Phone: 906-226-8000 – please leave a message and someone will return your call within the next business day.
- Office: **We have NO OPEN OFFICE HOURS. If an appointment is necessary, you will need to email for appointment**